Sunday 18 August 2013

Implementing Social Tech - Starbucks Coffee

Welcome! My readers :)

Today's blog will be focused on how businesses can make use of social technology to add value to their business.

Today's topic :

"requires you to select an organisation (your choice) and to identify and discuss some of the major benefits and value levers associated with implementing Enterprise 2.0. Concentrate on one (maximum two) of the 5 functional areas described above and use the relevant Social Technology value levers published by McKinsey Global Institute, 2012."

I'm a kind of coffeeholic :P
Coffee in the morning makes me feel so Good!


So, This is why I choose the Starbucks Coffee organisation to start my journey.

(Zev Siegl, Jerry Baldwin, Gordon Bowker, 1979.)


 Starbucks is an global coffee organisation based in Seattle, Washington, U.S.
It opened by three partners who met while students at the University of San Francisco.
English teacher Jerry Baldwin, History teacher Zev siegl, and writer Gordon Bowker.






In the initial stage, Starbuck's stock price was going down (market doesn't believe in Starbucks) but people still love coffee!! So, the Starbucks management decided to implement the Web 2.0 technology to collect customer's ideas and feedbacks.

It's My Starbucks Idea!!   (http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/apex/ideaHome)
people can post their own ideas and see how Starbucks puts those ideas to work. For example, birthday drinks, a punch card system, locally baked goods to Coffee ice cubes...

The community can vote to select the best ideas!!

Combine the concepts of change, experimentation, social media, customer engagement and market research and made the results.

This is so effective! having customer engagement and making the results key components of their dominant brand by using Enterprise 2.0 (COOL)


 As of November 16, 2012, This global coffee organisation is present in 61 countries and territories. (Transcontinental-Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, Oceania, Asia, Europe and North America)

Starbucks Map2.png


Alright! It's time to finish the journey here. 
It's Coffee time :D  I hope you enjoyed this blog and feel free to give me any comments
so I can improve my blogging style!

Thanks!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Hee Rak Woo, great post, but the layout is in korean and I had to press alot of buttons until I could figure out where to comment. Maybe you can change it to English? Also it would be great if you gave us more links so we can see some examples outside of your post. :) please stop by my blog as I would love to hear your 2cents. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment!
    I am so sorry about that the layout was in Korean...
    I changed it immediately in English layout, so now you can read nicely and clearly :)

    and these are the examples with links:

    Starbucks : https://www.facebook.com/Starbucks?fref=ts
    McDonald's : https://www.facebook.com/McDonalds?fref=ts
    NIKE : https://www.facebook.com/nike?fref=ts
    IKEA AUS : https://twitter.com/IKEAaus

    ReplyDelete